Saturday, October 1, 2016

Looking at the bigger picture.

As a strong supporter of life for the unborn humans of our world,  I also don't believe in euthanasia or assisted suicide for any human. People are supposed to die, when they die, without over-intervention that ends up prolonging life at the cost of pain. I ran across this today, though and the comments made me think.

http://globalnews.ca/news/2973423/great-granny-gets-inked-to-avoid-doctor-assisted-death/?sf37434665=1

At the risk of opening a different view for thought, I agree that life for the elderly should be made as pain-free and safe as possible, and euthanasia shouldn't even be a possibility.  However, extreme medical intervention is happening at a catastrophic level in our world today.  I feel like part of why unborn life is held in such low esteem is because our generation of humans are greedy and accept too much intervention to help us hang on and live longer.  I believe much of the medical intervention is one generation polluting the earth at the expense of another generation.   Our resources appear to be limited and it seems everyone is grabbing on for literal dear life.

I have a chronic auto-immune disease exacerbated by heavy metal and chemical pollution. When God calls me home, I want to go in peace, pain reliever might be the only thing I would accept, short term.  I know where I am going and I look forward to heaven.  I do not want to be kept hanging on with prescription or OTC meds, surgery, or other excessive medical intervention. 

For some this is an extreme position to hold, but I am not the only one who feels this way.  The Amish have historically held back from most modern medicine and technology.  The children of some Amish communities do not get vaccinated and eat very clean diets, and do not have the high rates of autism that one sees in our culture.

I drive two hours or more per week just to find water and milk that I can consume without my disease acting up.  Tap water is contaminated by prescription and OTC drugs and undrinkable for many with auto-immune diseases.  Why can't doctors and scientists properly explain where all these auto-immune, autism spectrum, and new diseases like ebola, lyme, zika are coming from?  We who are sick are the canary in the coal mine. 

The inks in a tattoo like the lady's above would make my auto-immune disease flare, but I do get where she is coming from. I wear a medical pendant that states: DNR, Religious Exemption, No Meds, No Vax.  My driver's license has listed no organ donation, and I do not give blood.  Doctors do not know what causes rheumatoid arthritis, and I would not wish this to pass on to any soul out there, ever. I draw comfort from making decisions that will, hopefully, let me live my life to its fullest without impacting others negatively.

I live daily with pain from the consequences of life choices of myself and others that potentially led to my disease.  I am not innocent of polluting, or using OTC and prescription drugs.  I am on a path to removing bad choices and habits from my life.  I have much joy in my life with my Lord, my family, friends, and my animals.  Balance and the bigger picture--what it is all about.


No comments:

Post a Comment